Monday, September 5, 2011

Back to School Lovely Looseleaf Design

It's C.j. again and this time I have a back to school nail manicure this week! It may be a little late for some of you though ( Asa and I start school the eighth and we're dreading it). Anyhoo here are some pics:
Messy Again sorry!
From left to right: Wet n' Wild French White Créme, L.A. Colors Art Deco Sky Blue, Kiss Nail Art Black, and L.A. Colors Art Deco Rose 
Weird angle I know

The design is supposed to be loose leaf, with a red stripe on both the thumb and pinky to represent margins. Across the three fingers in the middle, I painted (messily) I <3 You. If you're the lucky owner of nail pens, it should be a snap to write this. Anyway, this design is fairly simple, but can be time consuming if you are really set  focused on getting the stripes perfectly even and straight, and writing the words and creating the heart. For the looseleaf design you can watch this wonderful video by Cutepolish.
You can see I tweaked it a bit and added my own bit of art to kick it up a notch. If you want to, and are very creative/handy with a nail polish brush, you can do this loose leaf design with some other random doodles: stick figures (something i planned to do on my right hand), stars, happy faces etc.
In school, I am always entertaining myself/drowning out the teacher by drawing on the side of the margins. I fill them with the most random doodles (of course after diligently copying my notes ;D) and I kind of used those doodles as sort of an inspiration for this nail design!
Anyway hope you like it, and try it!
'Till next time!
C.j.

No comments:

Post a Comment